PETRONAS Energy Canada Ltd. (“PETRONAS Canada”, “we”, “us”, “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it via responsible practices, outlined in this statement (“Privacy Statement”). We will only use your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement unless otherwise required by applicable law. It is our policy to post any changes we make to the Privacy Statement on this page. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is accurate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes.
The Privacy Statement applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about you:
- on this website; and
- in email and other means of communication between you and PETRONAS Canada.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to information that:
- we collect through a third-party website (including our parent, affiliates, and subsidiaries);
- you provide to or is collected by any third party (including our parent, affiliates, and subsidiaries), through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on this website; or
The information we collect directly from you or through this website may include:
- information that you provide (for example, by filling in forms on this website);
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- responses to questionnaires administered by PETRONAS Canada; or
- if you are a surface or mineral lease owner, information about your land rights, birthdate, financial information, or testamentary documents.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present this website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information that you request from us;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you or to comply with legal requirements;
- to improve this website;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- for any other purpose, with your consent.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Privacy Statement:
- to our parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers or website hosting providers that assist us with improving, optimizing and operating this website) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in the Privacy Statement;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide your personal information;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of PETRONAS Canada or others.
Data Retention and Accuracy
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
You may request that we correct or update your personal information by advising us in writing. You may also request access to your personal information that we have collected, subject to applicable laws. PETRONAS Canada will use reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information is accurate and current.
If you have questions, comments, or requests regarding the within Privacy Statement and our privacy practices, please contact our Privacy Officer:
Attention: Privacy Officer (STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL)
PETRONAS Energy Canada Ltd.
1600, 215 – Second Ave. SW
Canada T2P 1M4
Last updated: June 7, 2023